Introducing teams, women: Israel
- This is going to be Israel’s second-ever appearance at the Europeans but they are yet to win a game in regular time.
- They made the cut for the first time in 2018, by ousting Portugal in the play-offs, played a draw in the prelims with Croatia and finished 5th in the group. That set up a match for the 9th place against Serbia and they had another draw (4-4) but lost in the shootout as they could score only one goal from the penalty line (Serbia netted two), so finished 10th.
- Israel has never played in any other big tournaments.
- Israel is the only National Federation with only a female team in Budapest, the other 11 women teams can cheer for their respective male compatriots in the other competition.
- Their first appearance in numbers: 6 matches, no wins, 2 draws, 4 losses – goal difference: 22-77.
- Last autumn they faced an easy task in the qualification and made no mistake in beating Switzerland both at home (13-6) and away (16-10).