Introducing teams, women: Greece
- Greece has a rich history at the Europeans: their best result is a silver medal from 2010 and 2012 and 2018. The Greeks joined the show in 1989, since then they are regular participants. They made the semis 5 times (1995, 2001, 2010, 2012, 2018). Before Barcelona they missed the medal round on last two occasions, came 6th in Budapest and 5th in Belgrade. But last time they managed to go almost all the way, including a stunning win over host Spain in the semis.
- Greece’s current finishes at the majors have been less thrilling compared to their run between 2009 and 2012. After back-to-back medal rounds at the World Championships (4th in 2009, 1st in 2011), they ended up in the 6th place in the 2013 and 2015 editions, came 7th in Budapest and 8th in Gwangju.
- After their miraculous march at home at the Olympics in 2004 when they got the silver medal, they came 8th in Beijing and missed the cut both for London 2012 and Rio 2016.
- Greece had one gold (2005) and three bronzes (2007, 2010, 2012) from the World League Super Finals.
- Greece played 83 matches in the history of the Europeans (women), they had 39 wins, 4 draws and 40 losses with a goal difference of 730-638.