Introducing teams, women: Croatia
- This is the fourth time for the Croats when they take part at the Europeans. First they could play on the big stage when they were the hosts in 2010 in Zagreb, that time they came last (8th). They managed to survive the qualification for the first time in 2016 and they finished 11th in Belgrade and repeated that in 2018, again qualified and took the penultimate position.
- Upon their three appearances so far, they lost 9 straight games before winning the last one played for the 11th place against Turkey in 2016. Then in 2018 they earned a point in the group against Israel but had to play for the 11th place again and beat the Turks once more.
- They’ve never played at other major championships so far.
- Their overall stats at the Europeans: 16 matches, 2 wins, 1 draw, 13 losses and their goal-difference at the Europeans stands at 80-304.
- In the qualifications the Croats ousted Portugal, it wasn’t an easy ride but they pulled off wins away (14-13) and home (8-5).